Backup monitoring and
data protection with PRTG
- PRTG secures cloud and online backups, operating system backups and virtual machines
- With backup monitoring you protect customer and corporate data
- Get automatically notified of incorrect backups
Backup Monitoring: Double the protection to ensure the safety of your data
There's nothing worse than feeling safe and sound - and then realizing the backup you performed of some really important data didn't actually take place. Data is taking on an increasingly important role, whether it be as part of business intelligence or sensitive customer data, or to meet compliance requirements. Data serves as documentation for operations, the basis for business processes, and the personalization of customer communication.
Data losses have significant consequences and can lead to large-scale interruptions of your business operations. Work must sometimes be redone, which can subsequently prevent deadlines from being met. The trust of customers and business partners is likewise on the line. Costs associated with data loss are difficult to plan for.
By using backup software and its central safeguarding via backup monitoring, you'll minimize these risks. Separate backup software exists for a variety of different applications and data, and all of this software must be monitored at the same time. This software is used for everything from traditional tape backups to cloud and online backups, and from operating system backups to backups of virtual machines (VMware, Hyper-V, and other vendors).
With PRTG, you can monitor an unlimited amount of backup software, and apply specific filter options to scan its incoming notifications. In the event a backup fails, you'll be notified automatically.
Thanks to PRTG, the entire staff can work with peace of mind.
6 good reasons
to choose PRTG as your backup monitoring tool
Establish data protection
You are in for an unpleasant surprise if you need data from a backup which failed without anyone knowing it. With PRTG, you can fix this immediately.
Automation for a lighter workload
Avoid the cumbersome manual verification of each and every email notification from all of the various backup software.
Choose how to be notified
You are not limited to receiving emails, but can choose from a number of different possibilities, such as SMS, email, or push notification.
Should a backup fail, you'll be informed immediately, regardless of where you may be.
Overview of backups
Obtaining an overview of the backups which succeeded and those which failed is straightforward and easy.
Sensitive customer and corporate data is sufficiently safeguarded only after its backup has been monitored.
PRTG simplifies your day
Let our backup monitoring software work for you
so you can concentrate on your day-to-day tasks with total peace of mind.
PRTG saves time
With PRTG, you get one central monitoring tool for all your backups. You'll enjoy a quick and complete overview at all times via our dashboard and app.
PRTG saves stress?
Monitoring your backups around the clock has never been easier. The built-in alert feature is quick to act - before crashes arise.
PRTG saves money?
PRTG is worth it. 80% of our customers report substantial savings in the area of network management. And license costs pay for themselves in an average of only a few weeks.?
- The backup's progression
- Whether the backup was successful or not
- Error messages?
Your Backups at a glance
– even on the go
PRTG can be started within minutes and it's compatible with many mobile devices.
200,000 Administrators worldwide
trust in our software. Every day.
How?PRTG?works as Backup Monitor?
Most backup software sends you its statuses by email. But controlling this software manually is not always a walk in the park. PRTG uses an IMAP sensor to automatically scan for the successful implementation of backups and sends you an alert whenever backup software returns an error message. You are free to receive this alert by email, SMS, or push notification to your mobile device.
Backup Monitoring with PRTG
Email monitoring: Here you will learn all you need to know about email monitoring with PRTG, such as how to use Round Trip sensors to monitor Microsoft Exchange Server.
MySQL Monitoring: PRTG lets you keep a constant eye on your MySQL databases. See all important SQL queries at a glance and get prompt notifications in the event of errors.
Log Monitoring: Keep an eye on all the syslog and Windows Event Log messages.
Sharepoint Monitoring: A SharePoint Server malfunction can have serious consequences. PRTG monitoring helps you solve problems faster and keep SharePoint stable.
PAESSLER AG –
- Unlimited version of PRTG for 30 days
- After 30 days, PRTG reverts to a free version
- Or, you can upgrade to a paid license anytime
Most administrators want to test a tool for free before deciding to make an investment.
The many advantages of PRTG:
1. Free trial version: Take the time to explore PRTG so you can determine if it satisfies your needs and meets your expectations. Once the trial is over, it’s easy to upgrade your already configured version of PRTG, which means you’re much less likely to make an incorrect purchase.
2. One tool, one overview: Administrators often use a variety of monitoring solutions for their network or for the individual components of their infrastructure. But using several different tools every time you want to create an overview costs time and energy. PRTG is an “all-in-one” solution. Our dashboard and app provide a comprehensive overview, whenever you want it.
3. Quick customer support: Got a question? Stuck on a problem and need a hand? PRTG is backed by a dedicated development and support team. We do our utmost to answer every customer inquiry within 24 hours (on business days). Browse all our support topics here.
Configure your PRTG today. The trial version is free of charge. Save time, worry, and money with our monitoring tool designed for your network and entire infrastructure.
|Network Monitoring Software - Version 126.96.36.1999 (April 21st, 2020)|
|Download for Windows and hosted version available|
|English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Up to 100 sensors for free (Price List)|
|Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more|
Supported Vendors & Applications