Gain full control of Dell hardware
and servers with PRTG
- PRTG offers comprehensive sensors for your
Dell hardware and servers
- PRTG automatically notifies you when threshold
values are reached
- PRTG provides a constant overview of your
hardware status, traffic, and hard disk space
monitoring for hardware, hard
disks, and servers
Hardware and servers must be monitored constantly if they are to work at full capacity. Downtime can have negative long-term consequences for the company, and in the case of server crashes, can even lead to a drop in sales and a tarnished corporate reputation. By using a professional monitoring system with sensors made especially for Dell hardware and PowerEdge servers, you can anticipate downtime before it happens. Our goal is to ensure the continuity of your IT operations.
PRTG lets you keep an eye on your Dell hardware, provides an overview of your network, and warns you when your storage area network (SAN) memory is low. You’ll also lay the foundations for the affordable acquisition of new hardware. PRTG not only helps you to react to problems quickly, but also to make more qualified decisions on your future IT architecture.
Thanks to PRTG, everyone will work with peace of mind.
The data monitored by PRTG Dell sensors
iWhat is a sensor?
In PRTG, “Sensors” are the basic monitoring elements. One sensor usually monitors one measured value in your network, e.g. the traffic of a switch port, the CPU load of a server, the free space of a disk drive. On average you need about 5-10 sensors per device or one sensor per switch port.
SNMP Dell Hardware Sensor
- Data regarding system management software
- Data regarding the system status
- Information on Chassis and BIOS
- Various hardware parameters
SNMP Dell PowerEdge Physical Disk Sensor
- Hard disk status
- Rollup status
- Component status
- Warning messages related
to “Self-Monitoring, Analysis,
and Reporting Technology”
SNMP Dell PowerEdge System Health Sensor
- Overall system
- Power supply
- Cooling system
- Storage device
Dell PowerVault MDi Physical Disk Sensor
- Mode of the physical disk
- Status of the physical disk
Dell PowerVault MDi Logical Disk Sensor
- Total number of I/O operations
- Number of current and maximum I/O operations per second
- Current and maximum disk speed
- Read and cache hit percentages
A sneak peek into Dell monitoring with PRTG
How Dell monitoring with PRTG works
Dell sensors are based on SNMP technology, which controls data packet structuring and communication. Using the Simple Network Monitoring Protocol, network devices can be managed and monitored from one central station. The result is a straightforward, resource-friendly monitoring process.
PRTG offers sensors for the system health and hard drives of a PowerEdge server, as well as a sensor for Dell hardware. For server sensors, you must first install the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator, and once inside, activate SNMP. As an alternative, you can also run your monitoring via the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC), provided the latter is version 7 or higher.
6 good reasons
to choose PRTG
as your Dell monitoring tool
Obtain an overview
With the PRTG dashboard, you get a convenient overview of the status and performance of your Dell hardware, as well as of Dell servers and hard drives in the SAN, traffic, and system health.
Instead of taking the time to manually check all your various Dell hardware, simply rely on the PRTG sensors and notifications.
Stabilize your business
With constant monitoring, you can ensure hardware errors and glitches in networks with PowerEdge servers are fixed as quickly as possible, without putting your business at risk.
Make your IT more effective
Professional monitoring and quick solutions prevent critical errors and provide for stable, efficient Dell hardware and uninterrupted work flows.
Measure your network structure
With PRTG, you will see how data traffic is structured in your network containing Dell PowerEdge servers, and can take appropriate steps to meet the needs of your business.
PRTG makes life easier!
Let our Dell monitoring software work for you.
So you can concentrate on your day-to-day tasks with peace of mind.
PRTG saves time
With PRTG, you get one central monitoring tool for all your Dell hardware. You’ll enjoy a quick and complete overview at all times via our dashboard and app.
PRTG saves worry
Monitoring your Dell hardware around the clock has never been easier. The built-in alarm feature is quick to act – before crashes and complaints arise.
PRTG saves money
“We can all work with greater peace of mind knowing that our systems are constantly being monitored.”
Markus Puke, Network Administrator, Schüchtermann Klinik, Germany.
Trusted by 200.000 users
and recognized by industry analysts as a leader
and recognized by industry analysts as a leader
Your Dell hardware at a glance
– even on the go
PRTG can be started within minutes and it's compatible with many mobile devices.
Over 95% of our customers recommend PRTG
Paessler AG submitted an extensive survey to more than 600 IT departments worldwide who use PRTG. The goal of this survey was to optimize and fine-tune our Network Monitoring Software to better meet the needs of administrators.
One survey result: more than 95% of the participants would recommend PRTG - or have already done so.
Fortinet Monitoring: Check the status of your Fortinet products and get alerts as soon as your Fortinet solution
identifies a security risk.
MySQL Monitoring: PRTG lets you keep a constant eye on your MySQL databases. See all important SQL queries at a glance and get prompt notifications in the event of errors.
Data Center Monitoring: Data centers are the heart of every IT infrastructure. PRTG monitors your data center 24/7 and avoids bottlenecks and outages.
PAESSLER AG –
- Unlimited version of PRTG for 30 days
- After 30 days, PRTG reverts to a free version
- Or, you can upgrade to a paid license anytime
Most administrators want to test a tool for free before deciding to make an investment.
The many advantages of PRTG:
1. Free trial version: Take the time to explore PRTG so you can determine if it satisfies your needs and meets your expectations. Once the trial is over, it’s easy to upgrade your already configured version of PRTG, which means you’re much less likely to make an incorrect purchase.
2. One tool, one overview: Administrators often use a variety of monitoring solutions for their network or for the individual components of their infrastructure. But using several different tools every time you want to create an overview costs time and energy. PRTG is an “all-in-one” solution. Our dashboard and app provide a comprehensive overview, whenever you want it.
3. Quick customer support: Got a question? Stuck on a problem and need a hand? PRTG is backed by a dedicated development and support team. We do our utmost to answer every customer inquiry within 24 hours (on business days). Browse all our support topics here.
Configure your PRTG today. The trial version is free of charge. Save time, worry, and money with our monitoring tool designed for your network and entire infrastructure.
|Network Monitoring Software - Version 184.108.40.2069 (April 21st, 2020)|
|Download for Windows and hosted version available|
|English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Up to 100 sensors for free (Price List)|
|Network devices, bandwidth, servers, applications, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and more|
Supported Vendors & Applications